Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Still Undefeated

If you want to play in the Coed League, you have to bring your NMIFA ID card. Guess who was the only player who forgot theirs?

That's right: me.

I was already running late, was almost to the field, and realized that I forgot my card at home. Dang it! I had to run home and get it.

I didn't get back to the field in time to start. No big deal.

Tonight's game was amazing.

Wild Bill's drew blood first, with Arkie Ruosora scoring early in the game. Taya Talent answered his goal about 15 minutes later, when Chris Nelson scored off of a beautiful pass from....me!

We ended the half in a 1-1 draw.

In the second half both teams had several opportunities to score, with Wild Bill's having several more chances than Taya Talent.

If it wasn't for the previously unknown skills of Taya Talent's rookie Canadian keeper, Pete Bosner, we would have lost the game.

Pete gets the MVP for the day!

The game ended in a 1-1 draw. Wild Bill's remains in first place and Taya Talent moves out of their tie for second to take second.

Tomorrow's game is between the third place Pika Raiders and THE LAST PLACE Pirates at 5:20 at the CPA airport field. Come out and cheer them on!

Pika Raiders can move into second place with a win; the Pirates can move into third with a win.

2 comments:

Marianas Eye said...

I thought I saw you driving the wrong way down Middle Road on my way to the game.

Anonymous said...

That was indeed a beautiful goal. You 2 RoCk!!!